Each child went 68 miles to get a hot dog, yes I said a hot dog which were 2 for $1.50. Then we walked down the game isle, and won 2 stuffed animals for the price of $5.00 a piece. We spent more on furry friends than food. We allowed the children to go on rides, which by the way are 10 coupons for $11.00, thank God the princess was in one of her moods, she declined to ride which allowed AA to do exactly 3 rides. Filled with energy, we let AA do reverse bungee jumping which he loved, priced at $7.00. Top it with cotton candy at $4.00. And the best for last is the goldfish game: yeilding three fish (all expired by now) $10.00. Total spending of the night: $56.50. Total joy: ENDLESS. All of us got to walk around together as a family for four hours, just enjoying each others company, no phones, nowhere else to go, just to be together. The joy of seeing your children win their first fair fish, and then the explaining that given that their water is dyed blue, they have a 24 hour life expectancy....and then becoming the hero as they survived 5 whole days. I ROCK!!! What a great moment
MOMENTS: Our life is made up of these moments. Moments that don't necessarily spark off the Washington D.C.'s annual fireworks, but moments that define us. Four people, walking around, enjoying each other's company, and boy was I loving it! Moments when I look back and think, geez I was made for moments like this. Worth all the laundry (well maybe) and dishes, and spelling word tests in the world. Moments that my kids look at me and say "you're the best mom in the world". My response: "Only cause you make me that way"
Here are some photos....ENJOY!
2 comments:
Country fairs are so much fun to go to. I have not been to one since our oldest was young.
You really ARE the best mom in the whole world. Great pictures!!!
Post a Comment