Thank you Father God, for the continued blessings of our children. Today five years ago, we welcomed Faith into our forever family. Now it seems like way before she was placed into our arms, we imagined what she would be like, but no one could have prepared us for the past two years, let alone that moment when she was placed in our arms.
After traveling across the seas to Hong Kong on a 16 hour flight, we arrived at midnight (after customs) slept four hours, back up and on the “bus” for 6 a.m.. Traveling to main land China from the bus was exquisite. The butterflies in my stomach were fanatical. Once through customs on main land China, we arrive at the airport and are flown to Jiangxi province. The luggage could not come fast enough as I knew we were now in the same province as our little girl. I just wanted to go to bed, as it was Sunday, and I was convinced we would not meet our daughter till Monday. Surprised on the bus, by the tour guide that we were going to pick up our daughters, now, Sunday afternoon, jet lag and all, the adrenaline was rushing.
Our bus pulled into the Civil Affairs office at the same time as a bus full of babies from the Tong orphanage, not our orphanage, but who could stop the tears. Frightened babies, on their possible first bus ride, to be handed to perfect strangers that will become their MaMa and BaBa’s. How frightened, you could see it in their eyes, how exciting you could see it in every parents eyes, and how joyous that we were to be families, at last.
Our orphanage was running late, so all of the other families in our travel group received their daughters before us, and the tears of joy were flowing. Then came the moment when the three Feng Cheng girls arrived, instantly knowing which was Feng Yu Le, our Faith, our hope, our joy, our daughter.
Moments, which seemed like eternity, which was only like 30 seconds, they compared passports to papers, and handed our daughter into our arms. She was frightened, crying, sweaty and just plain scared. Nothing will replace that moment for me, of being the one to hold her first, kiss her first, and love her. I remember that moment with Adam. I said, “I am your MaMa Yu Le, and I have loved you long before I knew you, dreamed of you long before you were born, and hope that you will love me half as much as I love you.”
We were whisked away to take pictures, which will be part of her adoption certificate, hot, sweaty, sleep deprived, you should really see it, its’ the best photo we have! So, today as the families that we traveled with look at their daughters, I want to say, HAPPY GOTCHA DAY! I remember for the first time mothers, the joy in your face, the sparkle in your eye, and the wonderful memory of being part of your forever family. Mommies kiss those babies for us , Ava, Carmie, Gwen, Julia, Maggie, Jillian, Alyssa: we love them, and Faith will be your forever sister.
Today Faith will tell you she was born in China, that her mommy and daddy came to get her because we love her. She’s right. We do love Faith Yu Le. We love her smile, it’s contagious. We love her laugh when she falls down because the laughter is too much to keep her standing. We love her questions, mostly which is “why”, but when given enough information to her liking, she will say o.k. We love the way she loves her siblings, AA, BB, TT and Megan. She will scream…. I love you……a lot!!! Today Faith Yu Le, I love you a lot, more than yesterday but not as much as tomorrow. Happy Gotcha Day sweet sweet baby. You have made my life complete, and for that I will forever be grateful.
Love
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment