Sunday, August 2, 2009

Remembering


This day, three years ago, we were waiting for a package that would undoubtedly change our lives. Inside this package was a referral that we have waited for 20 months. The months that led up to this process was agonizing and filled with anticipation of what our daughter will look like. The process of putting together your dreams, your love and desire, will all have a face when we get the package. We knew she was coming, we tracked her from New York, then to Reading (tried to call and intercept the package but I was 10 minutes to late), then to Mar Lin.
I had my husband leave work several times to look and see if we got the package. Then at 1:00 on August 2nd 2006, the phone rang at work. Beck, she's here. Oh my, I ran to the car, made it home in less than 5 minutes to run through the door, and screamed, "where is she". My husband didn't open the package, he was waiting for me.
We opened the Fed Ex envelope together. Inside a red envelope. I remember my hands shaking badly, as we opened the folder, there she was. Feng Yu Le. She was so beautiful. I was jumping up and down, tears flowing down my eyes. I told Bill, I knew she would be beautiful, but this beautiful I could not have imagined. We called our family, told them she is here. Bill went to work, I went to Staples, photocopied her photos, and sent our acceptance letter within the hour.
This day, we knew the face behind the love, today we know the love behind the face. She has been such a blessing to our family. Our lives changed August 2, 2006, for the better....in every way.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Aw Beck, I'm sitting here with tears down my face. How beautiful. How wonderful to look back on the roads He lead us down, especially after we get to see the prizes that we have been given. I love you and I love your family. :) Have a great day huggin her and remembering. :)