Surrounding my house exists mulch where flower-life is planted to grow, in between the shrubs. The annoying thing about seasons like winter is that when spring rolls around, you find that other greeny plants have been growing in that plantless season - weeds. They seem to sprout out everywhere. Sometimes, there seems to be more weeds, than shrubs or flowers. Today I decided that I would weed from the soil they had embedded themselves in, not an easy task, as some of them have really long roots. I was out there for a good two hours just tugging and pulling.
There are a variety of thoughts that I drew from my weeding experience (hey, you have to keep yourself occupied during such a boring activity). I think first of all, did noone see these weeds but me, or even care to pick just one as you walked through the jungle to the front door. So then I pondered some more, what about the seriousness of weeds in my life. In plant-sense, weeds are green and deceptively look similar to their flower counterparts, but end up taking water and choking the flowers they are next too . This is very similar to the walk I am walking right now.
Some things in life appear to be harmless and may have good intentions at first; however, later down the road a self-serving weed may bloom out of a simple seed. The simplest blade of grass has roots buried deep, some not even directly beneath it. The can sprout of our no where, beside it, around it, feet from it.
When weeds are fostered alongside good character, it becomes a conscious competition between human and Godly desire. To root out those wicked weeds, I will take patience, and even a very long time to fully get to the end of the weed.(Did I mention how long I let the weeding go?) But when the weed is finally uprooted, how joyous is it! New growth is then possible where a deadened nature once thrived. Pray for me this day that I have the perseverance of treating weeds and for the want to give up the ground in my life that I let weeds grow.
1 comment:
Wow! Awesome post. great insight.
Post a Comment