Friday, February 29, 2008

Adam


Today, I noticed when AA was getting ready for school, that his pants were too short, his socks don't cover his heels,let alone his ankles and his shirt sleeves are getting smaller. While, I would like to rationalize this with shrinking in the dryer, I believe my boy is getting bigger. While, I have enjoyed every season with AA, it is sad because the seasons are too quick.
I am reminded of the Biblical passage....to everything there is a season and a time and a purpose under heaven. While easy to remember God in times of joy like this, I want to be able to remember his joy and love in times, when AA has spilled all of the playdoh onto the floor, accidentily stepped into it, and mashed it in the carpet.
So this morning, I took the extra time, to enjoy the season. I watched him getting ready for school. I watched him talk to his sister from a far and help her to get her things for daycare. One thing is for sure, AA has his heart in the right place. It is on his sleeve for all the world to see, that he has a good heart. One that pleases God in the kind things that he does everyday.
So tonight when I am off of work, I am going to not only try to make an effort but I am going to watch my kids, from afar. In this, I will delight in the fact that I have been blessed with my children, that I was made for moments like these, and when I kiss them goodnight tonight, I will thank God that I am in this moment.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I didn't know you were blogging!!!! I'm so very glad to see this because you have so much to share. Would you mind if I told everyboday about it?

Livin' Life said...

Very nice blog. I am Livin' Life a friend of Classic Mama's. She blogged about you so I thought I would stop by and say Hey!

I love your comments about your son. I have three boys and I see them changing and growing right before my eyes. They are my loves and blessings.Nice to meet you. I will stop by again if you don't mind.

The Gang's Momma! said...

Don't you just wish there was a way we could freeze the moments - freeze the seasons? I am soooo not one of those moms who is pushing on to the next stage. Quite the reverse, in fact :)

Nice to "meet" you - I'm going to spend some time in your part of the blogosphere, checking out your story :)

This Journey of Mine said...

Welcome to the bloggy world! I'm originally from PA, and was at CCC, but moved to NC a year and half ago. I love reading new blogs! Classic Mama introduced you to us!