So tonight, we took AA to his bowling league, which is 4 kids ages 4-7 bumper bowling. While this is usually not the most exciting moment of our lives, I will tell you tonight was a joy. AA bowled a 111. While that in itself is exciting, the moments leading up to this was priceless. Here is a boy, throwing his ball, gets a spare and is so happy, ear to ear grinning, jumping up and down in victory. "Yes, Yes, he exclaims, with such pride in himself. Then his teammate gets a spare, and the encourager is set in motion. Equally excited, high fives and "Good job" flows from his mouth. You would think that they were playing for gold, but instead it's just fun. This is the same boy, that came home yesterday with a 100% on spelling, and God knows he needed that, not because we need to be perfect, or he has to have an A, but it proves to him, his capability. So today, I am celebrating AA, for his capabilities, his drive to have a good time, do his best with his heart and celebrate the laughter and joy I saw on his face tonight.
Mmmmmm........ Happy mother am I.
1 comment:
:) Wow. He's better than I am!!
Post a Comment