Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Megan



So, tomorrow is Megan's Birthday. I unfortunately have clinical half day and need to be out the door by 6 a.m. but I wanted this posting to be up first thing, so that we can love on her today.

So to keep with tradition, here are the top 10 things I love about Megan.......


10. That we can both say we survived the Reading Hospital School of Nursing....a big accomplishment....I am proud that you went to my alumni, even prouder of the nurse that you have become. Touching lives is a gift that you do so well, and I am honored to share this profession with you.

9. That my children love you and the way you love my children. To be accepted so unconditionally brings a tear to my eye, a smile to my face and my heart brighter. I love you alot too, just like AA and Faith.

8. The cuteness of you and your inability to cook, but your willingness to learn how to make lasagna. That night at your mom's that you made your first lasagna makes me smile and laugh as your willingness to dive into a hard dish right off the bat to make your honeybear happy.

7. That despite your "tough" outer shell, the heart that is under your sleeve is so incredible. Your willingness to give so freely of yourself, is one of your best qualities.

6. That when we went to the Reba concert you danced in your seat, sang out loud and savored the moment. It reminds of the song, "I hope you dance".
I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances but they're worth takin',
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth makin',
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter,
When you come close to sellin' out reconsider,
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.


I hope you always dance.

5. That Eric thought you hung the moon and the stars...hold onto that...Bill and I think you hang the moon and stars too.

4. I love the way you help my daughter into being a girly girl, from painted fingers and toes, to dress up, she loves spending time with Megan, calling Megan on the phone and loving on Megan. To her, you are her sister, and that is important to me as a mother. AA loves to stay home with Megan too, guess she is cooler than me.

3. I love that you needed rotors for your car, and your car was shaking when you asked Dad to do them. This is great to me, because if you see my posting of my Dad's birthday (March), you can see that I didn't even know that cars took oil when I started to drive. It was bone dry......Oops.

2. I love that you loved our son Eric, so unconditionally, so willingly, so completely. As parents, there is no greater gift than to know that our children are happy and loved. You made that happen. We will love you eternally for this, standing beside you no matter what. You are our family forever.


1. That you are not only my daughter-in-law but my friend. That I love you each and everyday and I am truly blessed to know you.


Today, is a tough day, but I need you to know how special you are, how beautiful you are inside and outside and just how much you mean to me and my family. I only hope to bless you in this lifetime as much as you have blessed me. Happy Birthday Megan. I love you!

No comments: