
My daughter ( and my son at one time too) belong to the church group of Rainbows. A group of children age 3-5 that get together each week to learn about God. Earning badges of animals to Noah's ark while sharing in the Savior's love. They have a song:
I'm a rainbow, a promise of God's care
I like to share my happiness, with my friends everywhere.
Recently, over the past week, there have been spotting of Rainbows at the house. While anyone at the Schuylkill Health School of Nursing can attest, we read about Rainbows when taking the fit test, and how they are a prism of light. A rainbow is a spectrum of light that appears in the sky when the sun shines onto droplets of moisture in the Earth's atmosphere. So of course there is a scientific answer to why there are rainbows and my right brain can attest to all of them. However, the sightings here at home, have had way more meaning. The Bible states:
"God said, 'Here is the sign of the Covenant I make between myself and you and every living creature with you for all generations: I set my rainbow in the clouds and it shall be a sign of the Covenant between me and the earth." (Genesis 9:12-13)
"When I gather the clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will recall the Covennant between myself and you and every living creature of every kind. And so the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all things of flesh." (Genesis 9:14-15).
"When the rainbow is in the clouds I shall see it and call to mind the everlasting Covenant between God and every living creature of every kind that is found on the earth." (Genesis 9:16).
The rainbow, the sign that God will see us through the storm. Lately my heart has Eric on it, morning, day and night. Then I think about the rainbow, a sign that God will see us through the storm, he will ease our troubles, and keep us in his care. When I saw the rainbow, I can't help to think that God is telling me that he is there to help me through the storm. I pray that my family, sees the rainbows, knows that my God loves them so, and he will hold us through the storm.
1 comment:
That was beautiful.
Post a Comment