Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy "60th" Birthday Again


In timely fashion, I wanted to wish my dad a Happy Birthday. With Faith's surgery on Wednesday and his birthday on Thursday it seemed rushed and not given it's proper due. I usually make a really big deal out of birthdays as a way to celebrate the one day that belongs to that person. So taken from my friend Classic mama, I am choosing to honor him here on my blog. The top ten things I love about my Dad:

10.) The funny way that he says "doesn't matter", especially when working on projects.....and mostly he right....Doesn't matter.


9.) I love your sense of humor...and the fact that you still laugh at your own jokes.


8.) I love that even though you always worked when I was little, that it was for us to have a better life, and on the weekends I can remember special times to Granny and Pappy's. My favorite photo is David in the wheelbarrow and me on your lap in our backyard.


7.) I love that when I called to tell you that I was pregnant with Adam, you said Good, and in those words I knew you were just as happy as I was.


6.) I remember the time we were heading to Aunt Carolyns for Thanksgiving, and you kindly asked, Did you check the oil in the car? Oil? what oil? And you mumbled under your breathe, my oil stick dry as a bone, poured the oil and said Let's go. Who knew about oil?


5.) That my children, love you and adore you. PopPop is a favorite in our house, and we remember him in our prayers nightly.


4.) I love that no matter when I call you and ask you what I should do like home repair, and you tell me to call someone else, that you come up anyway and check on it, or do it yourself. Your drive to help others has taught me to do the same.


3.) I love that you Love Mom after 39 years of marriage.


2.) I love that on my wedding day when I was getting my make up on, you came to my room and said "you know, just because your getting married today, doesn't mean I won't be here for you. I'll always be here for you kid, just ask."


1.) The top thing I love about my dad, is he is my dad. The Lord has given him to me and I am so grateful.


So, Happy "60th" Birthday Again Dad!


4 comments:

Becki said...

We are so fortunate to have not only a great brother-in-law but a great friend.
As the years have rolled by, we have become so close not only in friendship, but in heart.. As we progress in age, those dear to us become more precious and you are certainly treasured.
We hope your birthday was special and wish for you many more.
With love and best wishes,
Carolyn and Rusty

Kelli said...

Isn't it wonderful to have great dads? :)

judy said...

Hi Babe: Happy 60th Birthday Looks like time has sure been good to you. Hope the next 60 are just as good. Hey do you get any good rates on anything at 60? I am just wanting something to look forward to:) May you have many more and just for the hell of it howl at the moon and dance like no one is watching.
Judy

Livin' Life said...

That was wonderful. I love hearing about great parents. I also think your pictures of you kids are soooo cute!!!