
Today is Eric's birthday....and it also falls on Memorial Day this year. How fitting since he is currently serving in the United States Air Force.
So today's blog is in tribute to Eric.....The top 10 Reasons I love Eric.
10. Because when the engine started to smoke on the Jimmy you were like "no Dad, it didn't run funny".....see my post on my Dad....hey Eric I didn't know Cars took oil so that is why that is funny to me.
9. You took the initiative to make something great out of your life. A solider. Not only today on Memorial Day but everyday that makes me proud.
8. That you stood beside your Dad to be his best man. Enough said.
7. That when we asked you to be AA's godfather you did so willingly and boy does he think the world of you.
6. That when we went to Disney world, you gave in to my silly request for Photos with characters and dinner with Pooh, and did so with great fun.
5. That at our wedding, you gave your toast and welcomed me to your family, then called your father a "cracker". Laughter filled the hall.
4. That when I danced with you at your wedding, and we were talking you said" you're the best thing that could have happen to my Dad". When I feel like, I am the one who is blessed, by your father and his children. Thanks for great times and memories.
3. That your 4th grade poems had such flare. You wrote about a dinosaur...... If I found a dinosaur that was hungry I would give him a piece of candy. And if he was still hungry then he would have to go to the commosary. Then if hes still hungry then he will eat a house and poeple and then the Earth. Next he would drink the rivers and then MEEEEEEEEEE!!!
I just love to read your poems and writings, such a time when innocence was at it's peak.
2. That you love Megan, I happen to think she is a great person, one who is filled with love. I couldn't have hoped for a better match. I see the way you look at her, and it makes my heart melt.
1. That you are my "son". I am proud of your accomplishments and honor you today in a big way. I love you! Happy Birthday!
Let's not count the miles in between, they're not what matters most.
Let us recall the joys we've shared, those thoughts will keep us close.
Let us fill our minds with thoughts, of memories held dear,
And the miles in between us will just seem to disappear.
Happy Birthday Eric! We love you more everyday!
3 comments:
That was just so beautiful...especailly the bit about you dancing with him...it brought tears to my eyes.
Happy Birthday Eric!
We love and miss you!
Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop
Becki, I just wanted to tell you how deeply I love you and your family and that you are all in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I wish I could hug you right now and just show you that you are loved so much. I wish there were answers to these kinds of questions- God is big enough to handle all things. Pour out your heart to God and he will give you comfort and peace that passes all understanding. I love you Becki- love, Molly
Post a Comment