Saturday, May 17, 2008

I went on a Date


Last night, my son Adam and I had Date Night. He got to pick where we ate, which was Burger King, then just he and I went to the Art Auction at school. After the art auction we headed to the mall and got a pair of new sneakers then off to a movie. Here where I just fall in love with my son all over again. We went to see Narnia: Prince Caspian.

First about the movie, another great production from Disney! They hit the nail on the head as they bring alive the Chronicles of Narnia. More action packed than the first, symbolism at its finest draws you in and keeps you captivated throughout the show.

I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't gotten a chance to see it, but I find it amazing that such a writer like C.L.Lewis who was so controversial in his time, has now become influencial.

He writes in this Chronicle:

" But God will look to every soul like its first love because He is its first love. Your place in heaven will seem to be made for you and you alone, because you were made for it—made for it stitch by stitch as a glove is made for a hand. "


My boy, loved this movie. He was drawn to the story line and comprehended Lewis's symbolism even at age 7. He was waiting the entire time for Aslan to arrive and he keep saying, Trust in him, and he will appear" So with a tear filled eye, we spent a mother and son night. One that I will remember forever.

2 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

That sounds like the perfect night out. I'm anxious to have a similar date with my boys - it'll be me, The Boss, Shaggy, and Dr. D - maybe since I'm the only girl they'll let me choose the restaurant?!

Kelli said...

Oh dear, he is so precious! Scarlett and I saw it on Saturday with one of her friends and this morning, Not-So-Classic and I were able to go on a date of our own to see it. :)

We all LOVED the movie. :)